Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

'Enacting comedy is like playing a song' - Divyanka Tripathi

Divyanka Tripathi who started her journey in television with Zee TV's Banoo Main Teri Dulhann makes a hilarious comeback with SAB TV's Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabad wale.

Here is Divyanka in an exclusive conversation with us as she shares all her thrilling instances, the hard efforts she has put in and her heartfelt contentment on playing Mrs. Rashmi Sharma..

How's the feeling of enacting the character of Mrs. Sharma?
Mrs. Sharma is definitely a difficult character for me to enact because I'm not all that hilarious and funny in my real life. You will not find me cracking jokes very often; so this element took a bit more time to sink in, but at the same time it's an enjoyable experience.

Also I was a bit apprehensive about the role because it was exactly opposite to my previous character. Earlier I used to return home completely exhausted after a whole day's shoot, but now with the comic atmosphere on sets I do not feel the work trauma anymore.

What kind of response have you been receiving just through the promotional advertisements of the serial?
The response has been very positive, though I haven't received many on a personal front. However, I have heard through my parents and native people in Bhopal that I am being liked. My father runs a medical store in Bhopal and the people who know me as his daughter share their responses with them.

Also my recent personal encounter was at Haji Ali where a woman recognized me to be a television actress. The best part was that she remembered the name of my previous serial, but identified me with my present role of Mrs. Sharma. So I was amazed to know that audience have already started relating to me as Mrs. Sharma. What more can an actor demand for!

How easy or difficult was it for you to do comedy after Banoo Main Teri Dulhann?
I won't regard it to be simple or difficult because once a person understands the concept and his/her character, things start falling in place. The one aspect which makes comedy stand out from the regular drama shows, is that the actor cannot cut and elaborate a dialogue depending on one's convenience when it comes to comedy. Performing comedy is like playing a song; if you miss a single tune the entire song gets spoilt. So in comedy detailing with timing plays a very important role.

How much more effort did you need to put towards this role?
Yes of course comedy demands for a constant high energy in every shot because I have to put in equal amount of humour in my supporting dialogues or punches too. It's an amazing experience as it gives me a feel of doing a stage performance.

How much homework did you do to enhance the character presentation?
Firstly I started observing the people of Allahabad. I did not have a big problem with dialect as I am good in Hindi; I had to just make few modifications here and there. And we also worked on the usage of some sweet words like Mr. Sharma is a very 'my dear person'. Then I started observing my local family women to inherit the innocence and simplicity in the character.

At the look test how did you feel about the entire attire of the character?
I loved it a lot and didn't have to work much myself as far as the look is concerned. I was very much happy with this long sleeved blouse, the big red flower in my hair and I any ways love to put Sindoor on my forehead. So the look was just perfect for me.

Apart from the character do you think such simple and innocent women do exist in real life in the present scenario?
Finding such women in Mumbai could be a bit difficult, but in local places like my native place Madhya Pradesh people are still that simple and innocent. It comes very easily to them. Basically the nature of a person depends on the surroundings in which he/she resides; so in Mumbai one has to be smart and fast in their work, so things differ.

As you said you too hail from a small town so have you met a character similar to Mrs. Sharma in real life?
No, I haven't met someone like her because people around me miss that fun element in them. They do carry certain nuances of Mrs. Sharma but I had nobody from whom I could take a leaf.
'Enacting comedy is like playing a song' - Divyanka TripathiSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger