Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 23, 2009

'One morning it dawned to me that I need to move on' - Sharad Malhotra

The news of Sharad Malhotra quitting his successful debut show on Zee, Banoo Main Teri Dulhann has come as a shocker to his fans and viewers.

As recent reports suggest, the actor has decided to move on and aims to learn more things.

Sharad Malhotra accepts that he is leaving Dulhann. "Yes, it is true that I have decided to move on. I am part of the show till the end of April", says Sharad.

The actor aims to rejuvenate himself and learn more, probably behind the camera. "I believe that one should know himself very well. I now know myself as an actor, and would want to know the camera and know how it is to work behind the camera", states the actor.

Ask him whether the reason to quit Dulhann is because he has got a Bollywood project, and he immediately refuses, "No, I have not got anything as of now. But I am trying hard to get into Bollywood. I really do not know what is in store for me next. I might take up a nice course, or assist someone before getting back on screen. Before all this, I plan to go home and spend some time with my family".

Elaborating on what prompted him to opt out of the show, he states, "I had a blast in Dulhann. I gained enormous support from fans, and know they will be there with me in this decision too. I had been thinking of calling it a day for a month or so. But one fine morning, it dawned to me that this is the right time to move on and look for better prospects. I had a word with my production house and channel. They were really considerate and gave their acceptance to the decision. My co-stars were initially taken aback, but now have got to terms with it".

According to reports, the show will be pulled off any time after IPL, so couldn't Sharad have waited till it reached its end? "Well, I can only say one thing. You can stretch a rubber band only till a limit, and it will break after a certain point. Same was the case with me. I also believed that every show has its peak phase after which it has to come down. We need to accept this theory wholeheartedly. I have come across many friends and fans who were telling me that the story of Dulhann has gone stale and they are not enjoying it anymore. Whatever it was, we were and still are giving our 100% to make it better. This is surely not the end of me in Dulhann; I have few more days to go and I will work hard till my last day".

Ask him how Divyanka reacted to his decision, and the actor quips, "She was also shocked in the beginning. But then she realizes that I need to move on and look for more opportunities".

When asked about Divyanka's future in the show, Sharad states, "She will stay on for some more time, I think".

Tell him that his on screen chemistry with her will be missed by their fans, and the optimistic actor chides, "This is not the end of the road. You might see us together again".

Lastly, he gets speechless as he thanks his fans for all the support he has got over the last three years. "I know that I will be missed in Dulhann. But all I can say is that I will be back on screen soon, and this is a promise I make".
'One morning it dawned to me that I need to move on' - Sharad MalhotraSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger