Your Ad Here

Monday, March 9, 2009

Karan Wahi's new show "Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari"


Karan Wahi who had first blasted on the TV screen as Ranveer in Star One’s youth cult show Remix is keeping his fingers crossed. For this dude’s long absence from the idiot box will end next week with the launch of Colour’s new show, Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari. However he is not cent sure of his presence as the contract is yet to be signed “There are still some issues which need to be ironed out.” he says.

This DJ’ s Creative Unit show was first supposed to air on 9x, but because of problems with the latter channel, it was shifted to Colours. Karan says “Everything happens for the good as Colour assures us better ratings. The show is based on the concept of the importance of the girl child. Our theme is quite contemporary in the sense that many people these days want a female child, times are changing”.

Talking about his character, who’s name is yet to be confirmed, Karan says “He is a today’s guy who falls in love with the lead girl called Kusum . How our relationship goes on is the crux of the story. She being a only girl in the family is heavily protected by her relatives. And the best part is that there is big difference in our respective value systems". He goes on, “My character will make an appearance within the next 2/3 weeks. This delay is because the show begins with the Kusum being born. She will soon grow up . Its good that I did not make appearance then as I would have been charged with child molestation”, he jokes .

He further does not have much information about the change of the lead actress. The character of Kusum was first supposed to be essayed by Menka Lalwani, but now is being played by Mugdha Chapekar. “I have no clue as to the reason for this change, kindly ask the producer . Infact I had no idea about it till I went for the promo shoot.I had shot large portions with Menka so all that goes waste".

On his long absence from TV, Karan says, “After Remix, I did not want to do same old stuff and secondly I had considered a couple of films which unfortunately did not see the light of the day. Agreed out of sight is out of mind but even now people still remember me as Ranveer of Remix”

Ask Karan about the SET reality show, Mr and Ms TV he did early last year and his face glows up .” I learned a lot. It gave me a platform to showcase my hidden mimic skills. Only thing I would advice others is that even if they black out on the dance floor, they should not show it for had I not done that, I would have surely won the crown". His jodi along with Jasweer Kaur lost out in the finale to Swapnil and Purbi Joshi.

Although he accepts that many people did not see the show as it had a very short duration(9 days), he still stands by the concept, "it was designed in such a way that you could not show it week by week. The rounds was impromptu, so you had to shoot non stop ".
Karan Wahi's new show "Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari"SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger