Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Akangsha replaces Pooja Kanwal in Palampur Express..

Pooja Kanwal, better known as Pawni of Sony's Palampur Express has opted out of the show, as she is getting married in the month of November 2009.

Replacing her as Pawni will be known actress Akangsha Rawat, who was last seen in Waaris.

Confirming the news to us, Pooja Kanwal said, "Even before I signed up for the show, I had clearly mentioned it to the channel that I will need a minimum of 15 days break for my wedding in the month of November. However, as the show moved, there were many changes in the script due to creative calls, and this left us with no bank. We have been shooting cut-to-cut, and this only meant that I would not be getting the break that I wanted. Above all, the story has now moved from Palampur to Mumbai, and the creative team felt that this would be the right time to bring in a replacement. I had a discussion with the channel and moved out of the show after we mutually agreed to the developments".

We talked to Akangsha who replaces Pooja who also confirmed the news, "Yes, I have started shooting for the show. I will enter the show tonight as the new Pawni. I have always been a runner in school; so when this role came to me, I grabbed it with both hands. I have been training under a trainer for few days now, and am ready to make a mark".

Akangsha Rawat earlier played the lead in Sahara One's Solhah Singaar.

The present track in the show has Dev (Hiten Tejwani) bringing Pawni to Mumbai to fulfill the dreams of her mother. He also reveals to her that her mother who was herself a runner had been charged with a dope case, due to which she has been leading an unstable life in the mental asylum. Dev gives Pawni a mission in life to become a professional runner, and win the medal that her mother once failed to get.

According to our source, "The new Mumbai track will have some interesting twists and turns, wherein Dev will support and guide Pawni in her new tussle in life. There will also be a college set-up in the show soon".

We got a confirmation from the channel spokesman that due to date problems with Pooja Kanwal, they had to figure out a replacement, and that Akangsha Rawat will be taking her place.

For the uninitiated, the protagonist Ajay Singh Choudhury too opted out of the show recently, and it is now to be seen how the show moves from here with a totally new cast..
Akangsha replaces Pooja Kanwal in Palampur Express..SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger